In another attempt at being creative in the kitchen, here’s another pasta recipe! (I can only do so much, I’m a beginner here*)
Penne with Peppers and Onions (in a tomato chili sauce)
a single serving of penne
1/4 of an onion (sliced in half length-wise, with just a basic thin chop)
1/4 of a sweet pepper, sliced
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp chili paste
a few leaves of fresh basil, julienned
pepper to taste
1. Set your pot of salted water to boil, then chop your ingredients.
2. put some extra virgin olive oil in a deep sided frying pan, allow to heat and loosen (set to medium heat)
3. Add the peppers, toss around a bit, then the onions. Allow the onions to soften slightly, then add the garlic. Allow to saute, stirring slightly.
4. Add your tomato paste and chili paste, stir until it coats the onions and peppers mix. Check your pasta, it’s probably done.
5. Drain your pasta, reserving a little bit of the water, and add the pasta and water to the frying pan. Toss to coat (this should create a bit of a sauce).
6. Serve up the pasta, add pepper to taste and your basil to garnish.
*disclaimer: any resemblance to a previously published recipe, either in a cook book or a food blog, is honestly purely coincidental.